Homework will mainly be writing and drawing in a journal I provide at the beginning of the year. Students will also need to read or be read to and review sight words nightly. This is a wonderful way for your child to show you how much he/she has learned!
* Set up a "homework spot" in your house designated only for homework
* Sit down with your child and give him/her 100% of your attention during homework time
* Allow your child to do the work (if you need to assist your child, place your hand over your child's hand while writing and/or cutting)
* Don't spend more than 10-15 minutes a night on homework
* Put homework away for the night if your child becomes upset or too frustrated
* Remember: Homework is a time for your child to show off what they have learned and are capable of doing